Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-19 15:03:03

Stephen W. Carson wrote:
> OK, I'm cooking with gas now... I think.

Awesome... I just love fire ;-)

>I'm now running with the
> following command line:
> python regression.py --runner=Dirxion --bjam-toolset=darwin
> --pjl-toolset=darwin --toolsets=cw-9_3-darwin
>
> This way I'm not relying on CodeWarrior to build either bjam or
> process_jam_log, (I'm not losing anything by letting gcc build those,
> right?)

No problem... getting the tests themselves running is more important.
Once enough things work, it will be possible to then make pjl build, and
  making bjam build is even easier.

> I have attached the .jam file that I'm succeeding with. Should I try to
> merge my changes in or will Rene or someone else more comfortable with
> the scripting language do that?

I'll make appropriate changes to cw-tools.jam. And you can try that when
it's in CVS.

> I haven't seen my test results show up yet but a quick glance at
> bjam.log suggests that there may be more problems to deal with in the
> CodeWarrior on Mac regression.
>
> The regression tests took half the time with CodeWarrior that they do
> with gcc. It looks like some libraries are skipped when running
> CodeWarrior tests. Is CodeWarrior also a lot faster than gcc?

CodeWarrior is blindingly fast with templates... GCC is not :-(

> Thanks for all the help so far!

Thank you for the effort to get it working :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com