Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Stephen W. Carson (StephenC_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-01 10:35:22

Marshall Clow wrote:

> Metrowerks has their own implementation of the standard library,
> unimaginatively named the "Metrowerks Standard Library" or MSL.
>
> When you write a program using CodeWarrior on the Mac, you can use the
> MSL, or the standard library that Apple ships as part of the system
> (which is provided by gcc). Metrowerks refers to this as the "BSD
> library" (probably because of MacOS's BSD heritage).

    I would think that, first at least, we want to see boost build and
test with MSL because I believe that is what most Mac CodeWarrior
programmers are going to use. Does this seem right?

    The command line tool setup that MW provides can set up environment
variables to point to the MSL or the BSD Standard Library. It points to
MSL by default.

--
Stephen W. Carson, Software Engineer
DirXion Software in St. Louis, MO