Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-13 13:56:00

while perusing explicit failure markup I came upon:

        <test name="testgreg_serialize*">
            <mark-failure>
            <toolset name="borland*"/>
            <toolset name="msvc*"/>
            <toolset name="mingw*"/>
            <toolset name="gcc-2.*"/>
            <note author="B. Garst">The serialization library does not
support this compiler.
            </note>
            </mark-failure>
        </test>

        <test name="testtime_serialize*">
            <mark-failure>
            <toolset name="borland*"/>
            <toolset name="msvc*"/>
            <toolset name="mingw*"/>
            <toolset name="gcc-2.*"/>
            <note author="B. Garst">The serialization library does not
support this compiler.
            </note>
            </mark-failure>
        </test>

The serialization library supports the compilers mentioned (gcc-2* would
require stlport) . Does mean that this particular type is not supported by
the serialization library for these compilers? The comment is ambiguous. I
understand that sometimes implementing serialization for an older compiler
can be a problem (although I don't see it in this case) so I'm complaining
about this. I'm just curious.

I also noticied that the text matrix doesn't contain an entry for these
tests. Why is that?

Robert Ramey

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com