Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-13 14:26:48

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:56:00 -0800, Robert Ramey wrote
> while perusing explicit failure markup I came upon:
>
> <test name="testgreg_serialize*">
> <mark-failure>
> <toolset name="borland*"/>
> <toolset name="msvc*"/>
> <toolset name="mingw*"/>
> <toolset name="gcc-2.*"/>
> <note author="B. Garst">The serialization library does
> not support this compiler. </note> </mark-failure>
> </test>
>
> <test name="testtime_serialize*">
> <mark-failure>
> <toolset name="borland*"/>
> <toolset name="msvc*"/>
> <toolset name="mingw*"/>
> <toolset name="gcc-2.*"/>
> <note author="B. Garst">The serialization library does
> not support this compiler. </note> </mark-failure>
> </test>
>
> The serialization library supports the compilers mentioned (gcc-2* would
> require stlport) . Does mean that this particular type is not
> supported by the serialization library for these compilers? The
> comment is ambiguous. I understand that sometimes implementing
> serialization for an older compiler can be a problem (although I
> don't see it in this case) so I'm complaining about this. I'm just curious.

This comment may not be correct any longer. However, at the time we
implemented date-time serialization, which was well before 1.32 was released
and even before you checked-in, we were anticipating these failures since that
was the status of serialization at the time. However, we never enable the
serialization tests....see below....

> I also noticied that the text matrix doesn't contain an entry for these
> tests. Why is that?

Because we haven't enabled the tests in the Jamfile. At one point I was
planning to do this before 1.32, but ended up not doing it. We've been
talking about enabling them recently, but we've been in the middle of lots of
other changes so it didn't seem like the correct moment. So anyway, I expect
to enable them sometime soon -- certainly before the 1.33 release.

Jeff

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com