Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 09:39:00

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams writes:

>>> I'm not trying to imply Misha or you wouldn't do enough. However, the
>>> fact that only two people have the knowledge and the access to the
>>> result collection stage of the testing process is a problem in itself.
>>
>> That is worrisome.
>
> We'll be happy to fill in anybody who is interested. It's not that
> complicated.

>> It's a bit of a problem that when bjam scans for header dependencies
>> it can't preprocess the files, so dependencies created by
>>
>> #include SOME_MACRO()
>>
>> don't get registered.
>
> What's the problem with doing real preprocessing when something like
> above is detected?

Well, if we could, it would be better to always do real preprocessing,
or the equivalent, to eliminate false dependencies. The problem is
that fitting it into the structure of bjam is nontrivial. It's
certainly not doable in the current Boost.Jam language.

[followups to boost-testing]

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting