Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 14:46:47

Caleb Epstein wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:22:02 -0600, Rene Rivera
> <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> From the SF docs...
>>
>> How can I access CVS services from behind a firewall? » | doc
>>feedback | support
>>
>> Access to the project CVS servers is provided via SSH (for
>>developers) and the CVS pserver protocols (for non-developers). SSH uses
>>TCP port 22; CVS pserver uses TCP port 2401. Many firewalls block
>>outbound traffic on these ports, thus preventing SourceForge.net
>>developers and users from accessing the project CVS servers. To work
>>around this limitation, we now offer the ability to connect to the
>>project CVS servers using alternate ports (using different hostnames).
>

> Thanks for the pointer. Thats kinda neat, but I don't have a
> transparent proxy here, only an HTTP and FTP proxy server.
> Applications need to know to connect first to this proxy server in
> order to get outside the firewall. Web browsers come with this
> support built-in, as do a couple of terminal apps like PuTTY, but this
> is not built into the normal CVS or SSH command line apps.
>
> It looks like I can do what I want by combining PuTTY and CVS or TortoiseCVS:
>
> http://www.tortoisecvs.org/ssh.shtml
>
> I'll try this out when I get some time.

Yep, just looked at PuTTY and indeed it has built in proxy support..
never noticed before :-)

But it is possible to do it with the regular SSH. It just takes a bit
more manual labor. This article explains one possible way to do it..

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/submitted/ssh_port_fwd.html
BigAdmin - Submitted Tech Tip: SSH Port Forwarding Through a Proxy Server

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com