Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 15:41:21

Caleb Epstein wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:46:47 -0600, Rene Rivera
> <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>>Yep, just looked at PuTTY and indeed it has built in proxy support..
>>never noticed before :-)
>>
>>But it is possible to do it with the regular SSH. It just takes a bit
>>more manual labor. This article explains one possible way to do it..
>>
>>http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/submitted/ssh_port_fwd.html
>>BigAdmin - Submitted Tech Tip: SSH Port Forwarding Through a Proxy Server
>
> I got the cvs-ssh.sf.net connection through my proxy working,

Awesome :-)

> but
> because I don't have write access to the Boost repository, I can't
> check anything out. It looks like :pserver: is the only way to get
> anonymous access to CVS @ SF and ssh-based methods require write
> access.
>
> Sigh.

Don't despair... The pserver vs. ssh access problems are about to go away:

CVS Service: SourceForge.net staff are presently in the process of
performing a two-phase hardware upgrade to address performance issues
with the project CVS service. The first phase of this upgrade is
expected to occur on or around 2005-03-07. The second phase will occur
roughly two weeks later, and will be followed by the long-awaited
removal of the sync delay between developer CVS, and the anonymous
pserver-based CVS and ViewCVS services (currently five hours). Minimal
downtime is expected for the hardware upgrade cutovers. Downtime will be
announced on the Site Status page once the transition to remove the sync
delay has been scheduled. (Last updated: 2005-03-02 Pacific)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com