Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-10 21:06:53

Rene Rivera writes:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>> Rene Rivera writes:
>>
>>>PS. Another example of something that would be easier to
>>>diagnose/fix with BuildBot :-)
>> Details, please?
>
> Because the log of the tarball extraction would be available. So
> instead of me trying to hand duplicate what Stephen was doing to see
> if I got different behavior, I would just look at his behavior.
>
> Yes, obviously, I know this *could* be done with regression.py. But
> it's not, and there is an existing tool out there that does it.

Does what? Uploads logs to server? It's a one-liner.

> So there's no point in continuing to "extend" regression.py if we
> can just switch to an already proven equivalent.

To switch, you have to transfer all the logic of 'regression.py' to
BuiltBot server side. Then everybody needs to switch to the new test
running infrastructure. The cost of implementing the whole thing is
significantly higher, although it's definitely more exciting to work
on than fixing the mundane problems of the existing tools.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com