Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 11:19:56

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:27:51 -0500, Caleb Epstein wrote
> http://tinyurl.com/5hnvv

This link doesn't go anywhere, but I was looking at this just this morning :)

> The date_time regression tests in the gregorian subdir called
> "testgenerators" and "testgenerators_dll" fail to compile on Solaris
> due to the use of a variable called "sun".
>
> Unfortunately, there is a preprocessor macro sun == 1 which gets
> defined on this platform that ends up turning the declaration:
>
> greg_weekday sat(Saturday), tue(Tuesday), fri(Friday),
> sun(Sunday);
>
> into
>
> greg_weekday sat(Saturday), tue(Tuesday), fri(Friday), 1(Sunday);
>
> I'd suggest either #undef sun at the top of the file or changing the
> name of this variable.

Thanks, that helps and will work on a fix shortly.

> Also, there are few other failures (testclocks, testlocal_time,
> testlocal_time_facet) due to a missing declaration of time_ in
> local_date_time_base. Example: http://tinyurl.com/5xd8h

Yep, not sure what's happening there yet (that link doesn't work either)...

> testtz_database is failing because it can't find its input file
> (probably because of the working directory the tests are run from).
> Perhaps this file should be found starting from $BOOST_ROOT?

We put a fix in for this 4 days ago so that it will work from either date-
time/test or from the status directory. Are you sure you have the latest
(1.4) version of this test?

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/libs/date_time/test/local_t
ime/

Jeff