Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 11:56:32

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:19:56 -0700, Jeff Garland
<jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:27:51 -0500, Caleb Epstein wrote
> > http://tinyurl.com/5hnvv
>
> This link doesn't go anywhere, but I was looking at this just this morning :)

Looks like *all* of the testing results disappeared
(http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/cvs-head/developer/summary.html
shows "Page not Found!") sometime after I sent my email. Perhaps they
are being regenerated as I write this.

> > The date_time regression tests in the gregorian subdir called
> > "testgenerators" and "testgenerators_dll" fail to compile on Solaris
> > due to the use of a variable called "sun".
> >
> > Unfortunately, there is a preprocessor macro sun == 1 which gets
> > defined on this platform that ends up turning the declaration:
> >
> > greg_weekday sat(Saturday), tue(Tuesday), fri(Friday),
> > sun(Sunday);
> >
> > into
> >
> > greg_weekday sat(Saturday), tue(Tuesday), fri(Friday), 1(Sunday);
> >
> > I'd suggest either #undef sun at the top of the file or changing the
> > name of this variable.
>
> Thanks, that helps and will work on a fix shortly.
>
> > Also, there are few other failures (testclocks, testlocal_time,
> > testlocal_time_facet) due to a missing declaration of time_ in
> > local_date_time_base. Example: http://tinyurl.com/5xd8h
>
> Yep, not sure what's happening there yet (that link doesn't work either)...
>
> > testtz_database is failing because it can't find its input file
> > (probably because of the working directory the tests are run from).
> > Perhaps this file should be found starting from $BOOST_ROOT?
>
> We put a fix in for this 4 days ago so that it will work from either date-
> time/test or from the status directory. Are you sure you have the latest
> (1.4) version of this test?
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/libs/date_time/test/local_t
> ime/

My copy of testtz_database.cpp is dated March 6 and appears to be
up-to-date w/r/t version 1.4 of that file in CVS. When the testing
results were up, that test was failing on almost every platform
(probably all the ones where the tester is using regression.py which
is what I use). I think that under regression.py, the tests get run
from someplace under $BOOST_ROOT/../results, though Alexsey would
probably be better able to answer this.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com