Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Slater (mslater_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-25 23:10:18

> There's an intent (fostered by myself - and probably others before me) to
> re-implement the build monitor as a debugger that attaches to bjam and all
> of it's child processes. This will allow it to intervene in JIT debugger
> activation (which won't happen) and other hard to intercept errors like
> missing DLL dependencies.
>
> So far, I haven't been able to get that project off the ground - too many
> other demands on my time at the moment. You're welcome to get the project
> started (or finished!) or contribute to the discussion in any way.

It certainly sounds like an interesting project. I have John Robbins,
Debugging applications for .NET at the office which goes somewhat into
writing windows debuggers so I'll have a poke and maybe (no promises;)
try to get a prototype up and running under windows to find out all the
issues involved.

What scope are you looking for in this, just window or cross platform?
I've not developed under *nix for a while but I assume this is mainly a
windows problem.

take it easy

Martin

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com