Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-04 16:00:48

John Maddock wrote:
>> Then the regex lib compiles, and the test passes.
>
> I bet it does, but you've just introduced a race condition! The whole
> point of static_mutex is that it is statically initialized (hence the
> name). How about if you change

It's not like I was trying to be safe.. Just trying to get to compile
period :-)

> #define BOOST_STATIC_MUTEX_INIT { PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER, }
>
> #define BOOST_STATIC_MUTEX_INIT PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER
>
> Strictly speaking I think this is no longer legal, but you know what C++
> compilers are like... ;-)

That I know! But it doesn't work. The CW-8 series has serious problems
with non-trivial structure initializers. The only reliable "solutions"
that escapes the compile errors, and sometimes compiler death, is to do
manual field assignment, or a ctor.

So I'm not sure what to do in this case.. As the above is not the only
solution I tried.

>> So we are down to the differences between Stephen's setup of
>> OSX-10.3/CW-9.3 and mine of OSX10.2/CW-8.3.
>
> Yes, I think there must still be something different between you -
> either that or their are regressions in CW 9.3 - seems unlikely though,

I would hope not but since the support for OSX changed dramatically
between the two it's a possibility. Although it's more likely something
extra we need to do in the cw-9 series.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com