Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-12 06:52:33

Daniel James wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> Yea.. Daniel has moved the tests to status/Jamfile, which is not the
>> perfect solution.
>
> I agree, I just wanted to get something working with as little fuss as
> possible.
>
>> Why don't we fix the "test_path_to_library_name" function. Say, it's
>> given:
>>
>> bin.v2/libs/functional/hash/test/hash_built_in_array_test.test/....
>>
>> It can find the first element that looks like "whatever.test" and take
>> everything between "bin.v2/libs" and "test/<the element ending in .test>
>> as the name of the library?
>>
>> Will that break anything? A quick change I've just made works OK for
>> functional/hash.
>
> No idea, but can this wait until after the release?

1. As Victor said, what release. IIRC, there some talks about May 1 as code
freeze date, and it's still a lot of time.

2. I'd rather no wait, as I want to get regression tests fully working with
Boost.Build V2 ASAP.

FWIW, my original change broke reporting of regex (which has tests in
regex/test and regex/example directories). Yet another variant worked fine
with both regex and functional, I'm now rerunning all the tests to see if I
broke anything else.

- Volodya

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com