Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-14 02:09:29

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
> At Wednesday 2005-04-13 20:37, you wrote:

>> We need some way of profiling the tests as long as we don't have a way
>> of limiting the execution time for them. Apparently, a couple of the
>> tests take quite long to run and I only can find them out by staring
>> at the screen while the tests are running. While excessive time
>> consumption at first only annoys the testers, it also may indicate a
>> flaw in the code. The amount of time (and RAM) consumed actually is
>> important information.
>

> Martin, it _should_ be rather easy to add a timestamp to the test logs
> each time a test is run.
> I wrote a very small application using boost::date-time which produces:
> C:\Documents and Settings\vawjr>timestamp
> 20050414T051138
>
> adding the actual code (basically format the current time) should be
> trivial for any booster

I was more concerned about how the postprocessing of the additional
output would work than about how to create the timestamp itself. (The
timestamps should be added by the build/test systems, I think)

process_jam_log would have to be adapted for that change.

I think it would be a good idea to allow the tests and the test system
to spit out additional XML which would simply get copied into the XML
files created by process_jam_log. Once that is done, adding new
information should be a lot easier.

> as for the memory usage, could be tricky on windows.

If we add the additional-XML feature then we could make this step optional.

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com