Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-22 08:56:55

I was looking at the list of regression results submitters and noticed
that we have a few cases where the same compiler/platform is being
submitted twice. That's usually a good thing... it makes sure minor
variations are tested, providing better coverage. However, when one of
the submitters is running tests for lots of compilers it might be
better to only have the more-lightly-loaded tester run tests for that
compiler. For instance, both RudbekAssociates and MetaComm are running
tests for vc-7_1 on Windows, but MetaComm's tests lag farther behind
because they're running tests for 8 (!) compiler/stdlib combinations.
Similarly, RSI-SoL and Martin Wille are both running GCC 3.4.3 on
Linux, with the latter running more tests and therefore lagging further
behind.

I think coordination to distribute testing as much as possible would
help push the release forward, because we can give developers better
turnaround times on regression test results.

        Thanks!
        Doug

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com