Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 09:22:58

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>
>>The biggest problem currently is the wave library which seems
>>to hang cxx on that platform. I had a successful regression
>>run for it last Friday, but when I check out with that
>>timestamp, the compiler hangs anyway. So maybe I'm just not
>>patient enough...
>
> Which file hangs during compilation?
>
> I know, that Wave heavily uses Spirit, which pushes the compiler really hard
> (sorry for that - poor compiler :-P). We have a similar problem with the
> older Intel V7.1 on Windows... But currently there is nothing I can do about
> this, perhaps Spirit2 will improve the picture.

It's instantiate_cpp_grammar.cpp and the one after it. But there is one
thing about it I don't understand.

After the pool issues have been fixed for this platform, I had a single
succesful compile for wave (CVS of 20050429-134417). If I check out the
exact same revision of boost now and start the tests, it hangs when
compiling this file.

The regression run last Friday took about seven hours, therefore I'm
assuming that maybe, just maybe, the compiler finally will finish compiling
this file. But at this moment it has already spent 143 minutes trying to
compile it. :-(

If it doesn't clear up I think we might have to somehow disable compiling
wave on this platform. Is this possible?

Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com