Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-08 15:22:27

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote:
> Martin Wille <mw8329 <at> yahoo.com.au> writes:
>

>>JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z wrote:
>>
>>>One of the tests for Boost.MultiIndex is failing
>>>with the mentioned exit status, as shown in
>>>http://tinyurl.com/cplxm. Dopes anyone know
>>>what this exit code means?
>>
>>That's signal 4, Illegal Instruction.
>>
>>HTH,
>>

> How weird... Are you running your tests in incremental
> mode?

Yes.

However, Rene runs the RSI tests. He uses buildbot, so these tests are
incremental, too.

 If so, would you mind deleting intermediate
> object files for this test before the next cycle?
> If the problem still shows I'll try to dig deeper
> into the code, but the possibility that the error
> lies actually in the code strikes me as extremely
> unlikely, because:
>
> * All other tests work OK for RSI-Sol.
> * This test works for every other platform.
> * It used to work OK as of last week.
> * No significant change (that I'm aware of)
> has recently been done on the direct or
> indirect codebase affecting this test.

This *could* be a buildbot related issue. Of course, there could be
other reasons, e.g. the compiler produces binaries for a CPU other than
the one the tests run on (I recently got caught by that problem when I
tried to create binaries for a VIA C3 based system. Symptom: everything
worked except for one program).

I'll delete the capacity test results on my disk in order to make sure
I'm not producing stale good results.

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com