Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-09 02:14:56

Bronek Kozicki writes:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> > Hmm, seems like you're the second person who's Python interpreter
> > thinks that it's running on the platformed named "Microsoft".
> >
> > Could you please do 'platform.system()' test along the lines of
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.testing/666 and report
> > the results here?
>
> >C:\Python24\python.exe
> Python 2.4.1 (#65, Mar 30 2005, 09:13:57) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
> win32
> Microsoft
>
> This is python-2.4.1.msi from http://www.python.org/2.4.1/

OK, I've traced this down to a bug in 'platform.system()' -- the latter
assumes a particular format of Windows "ver" command's output, which has
changed in Windows 2003. I'll submit a corresponding bug report, but
meanwhile, the problem can be worked around by installing Mark Hammond's
"win32all" package: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78018
(which comes by default with the ActiveState distribution, which accounts
for the fact why we, for instance, don't have the same issue).

Bronek, would it be acceptable for you to install the thing on your
machine? Otherwise we need to patch 'regression.py'.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com