Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-12 22:01:33

Caleb Epstein wrote:
> Re: http://tinyurl.com/a9dhn
>
> The Boost.Python embedding.cpp test fails on gcc-3_4_3-sunos because
> it tries to link with a nonexistent library "util". This library
> seems to be a BSD-ism from my Googling. It exists on Linux as well,
> and contains symbols like "login" and "openpty", which I can hardly
> imagine this test or Boost.Python depends on.

I believe it is the python runtime itself that depends on libutil,
at least on some systems, so you mustn't remove it if you want
to embedd python. (In contrast I remember at least one python
version to list a wrong dependency on 'util' on cygwin, where
that library wasn't even installed.)

Regards,
                Stefan

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com