Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-13 07:02:59

On 5/12/05, Stefan Seefeld <seefeld_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I believe it is the python runtime itself that depends on libutil,

You're correct. I missed this in my initial analysis because I linked
against a dynamic libpython that pulled in libutil automatically. My
initial attempt broke configurations where a static libpython is used
(requiring libutil to be specified explicitly).

> at least on some systems, so you mustn't remove it if you want
> to embedd python. (In contrast I remember at least one python
> version to list a wrong dependency on 'util' on cygwin, where
> that library wasn't even installed.)

.. or on Solaris, where it doesn't exist.

The end result of the fix is that PYTHON_EMBEDDED_LIBS includes
python, dl and util on all UNIX platforms except Solaris, where util
is excluded, and OSX, where the entire list is kept blank (not sure
why, I just preserved the existing behavior).

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com