Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-19 07:58:02

On 5/19/05, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> At the risk of running a loosing battle... another reason I tend to commit
> files separately, is to at least try and put informative comments on each
> change (by which I mean comments specific to the changes in each file).

If you're committing a set of orthogonal changes, there's no reason
not to do one file at a time (assuming that each change/fix applies to
one file). However, I see a lot of power in the ability to group
changes to multiple files (aka a patch or change*set*) into a single
commit having a single comment. You can still provide detail about
what changed in each file:

---8<---
foo.hpp: added bar method
foo.cpp: fixed bug in dtor
bar.cpp: performance improvements
---8<---

All that said, you can continue to operate in file-at-a-time mode with
SVN if you prefer. Nothing prevents it.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com