Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-24 13:44:11

Hi,

Two of the iostreams regression tests, gzip_test.cpp and zlib_test.cpp rely on
the third-party open source library zlib. In addition, bzip2_test.cpp relies on
the third-party open source library libbz2.

I'd like to ask all Windows testers to download the latest zlib and libbzip
sources and configure two environment variables so that the tests will build.

zlib is available here: www.zlib.net/zlib122.zip (additional download locations
and archive formats are listed at http://www.gzip.org/zlib/)

libbz2 is available here: www.bzip.org/1.0.3/bzip2-1.0.3.tar.gz

Please set the following two bjam variables:

ZLIB_SOURCE = path to the zlib source directory

(If you used the above download, the directory should be called zlib122. It's
the directory that contains the source files adler32.c, compress.c, ...)

BZIP2_SOURCE = path to the libbz2 source directory.

(If you used the above download, the directory should be called bzip2-1.0.3.
It's the directory that contains the source files blocksort.c, bzip2.c, ...)

I'm sorry I waited so long to make this announcement; I didn't want to have to
revise the configuration information later. I was hoping to set up the Jamfiles
to test building zlib and bzip2 from the sources and linking to prebuilt
libraries, but I've run out of time.

Best Regards,
Jonathan

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com