Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-01 01:11:26

At 15:08 2005-05-31, you wrote:
>Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
>>The only remaining failures in VC-8_0 are some datetime things (the
>>localtime test is clearly a deliberate choice on someone's part to make
>>dates before 1970 "illegal").
>
>I thought that's an old limitation of time_t type (or rather C typedef)?

I've looked at the code, they're doing all the right stuff, then test for <
0 (relative)
I makes using this library unusable for my astronomy work, and there seems
to be no reason for it. I'd certainly like to hear a defense of the
decision to cause a program failure if the date being output is before 1970.