Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-01 12:59:58

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
> seems to be no reason for it. I'd certainly like to hear a defense of
> the decision to cause a program failure if the date being output is
> before 1970.

maybe because they have better function and type for wider range of
times, namely localtime64 and __time64_t ? Moreover, this limitation
applies also to older versions of MSVC, see following comment from
localtim.c :

(3) It is assumed that time_t is a 32-bit long integer representing
the number of seconds since 00:00:00, 01-01-70 (UTC) (i.e., the
Posix/Unix Epoch. Only non-negative values are supported.

Above comment is present in CRT sources of both MSVC6 and MSVC71. I do
not know how this relates to standards in *nix world.

B.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com