Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-02 08:03:55

"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> At 13:10 2005-05-31, you wrote:
>
>>"Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

>> --toolsets=cw-9_4,gcc,intel-win32-8_1

>> > Has your run completed by then, though? IOW, were the dialogs holding
>> > the regression process, or they were just "leftovers"?
>>
>>They were holding the regression process. The process had not completed,
>>and
>>there was no system activity showing on the task manager performance
>>display. As I cleared each dialog, there was activity until the next
>>dialog,
>>then no activity until it was cleared.
>
> my system (details at the RudbekAssociates link in the results page)
> behaves differently. I wake up in the morning with several "dialog boxes"
> waiting for me to click on, but the tests have completed.

This is definitely not what is happening for me.

One additional data point. This morning, I happened to be staring vacantly
at the Command Prompt window when bjam finished. A message displayed to the
effect "could not kill build_monitor.exe, process not found"

(I don't have the exact warning because later messages scrolled it off the
screen.)

Since I know (from seeing the Command window it opened) that build_monitor
started to run, it looks like something killed it. Could it have killed
itself?

Could me minimizing the build_monitor Command window be a problem? If I'm
using the machine for other work, I minimize the build_monitor window to
give me more screen real estate.

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com