Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-09 17:23:20

"Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hi Beman,
>
> The last three iostreams failures involve your cw-9_4 toolset.
>
> In the last few days I've tried to set things up so that on Windows
> systems,
> unless the tester takes the affirmative steps of setting some environment
> variables for zlib and bzip2, the three compression tests will not be run.
> The
> reports should show empty white squares for these tests. This mechanism is
> working fine for metacomm and sslapeta.
>
> The three failures show that the build system is trying to build
> bzip2_test,
> gzip_test and zlib_test, but that the zlib and libbz2 headers can't be
> found.
> This means one of three things:
>
> 1. The logic in my Jamfiles which is supposed to prevent the tests from
> running
> on windows unless ZLIB_SOURCE and BZIP2_SOURCE are set is not working on
> your
> system.
>
> 2. You've set the environment variables ZLIB_SOURCE and BZIP2_SOURCE, but
> they
> don't point to zlib and libbz2 installations.
>
> 3. The three failures are old but are being reported as new.
>
> Would you please check 2 & 3?

I don't have either of those to environmental variables set. I've just
deleted the iostreams target directory, so the tests which will start in a
few minutes will be clean.

Would you prefer I download the zlib and bzip2 sources? I presume the docs
will give me the details. I'll do it whichever way helps your testing the
most.

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com