Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-23 16:31:00

David Abrahams writes:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> Take a look at http://tinyurl.com/888yr, which claims that
>>> interoperable_fail was expected not to work on comeau. I can find no
>>> evidence for that claim. What gives?
>>
>> This:
>>
>> <test name="interoperable_fail">
>> <mark-failure>
>> <toolset name="borland"/>
>> <toolset name="borland-5_6_4"/>
>> <toolset name="msvc"/>
>> <toolset name="vc-7_0"/>
>> <note author="B. Dawes" refid="2"/>
>> </mark-failure>
>> <mark-failure>
>> <toolset name="gcc"/>
>> <note refid="3"/>
>> </mark-failure>
>> <mark-failure>
>> <toolset name="*"/>
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>

> Oh...!
>
> That line has your name on it when I do cvs annotate;

If you click on the revision number, though, it will show the diffs
from which you can see that the line has been there before.

> do you know why it's there?

I'm afraid you are the only one who can answer that for sure --
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/status/explicit-failures-markup.xml?r1=1.1&r2=1.2

My guess would be that at the time you didn't want to enumerate all
the failing tooselts (most of them, I'd guess), so you've opted for
simply putting a star there and having dark green for the few that
passed (if any).

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering