Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-28 06:29:23

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> do you know why it's there?
>
> I'm afraid you are the only one who can answer that for sure --
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/status/explicit-failures-markup.xml?r1=1.1&r2=1.2
>
> My guess would be that at the time you didn't want to enumerate all
> the failing tooselts (most of them, I'd guess), so you've opted for
> simply putting a star there and having dark green for the few that
> passed (if any).

Now I remember what the issue was: I expected that putting the star in
there would allow me to set up the message that would be presented
*when* there were a failure but that it wouldn't cause the report to
say that I expect a failure everywhere. When I expect a failure
everywhere, I use an expected-fail test (e.g. compile-fail). Is there
really any use for the current behavior?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com