Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-27 19:34:41

David Abrahams writes:
>>> So, the results are interesting. If you look at the Python tests, all
>>> the white rectangles are gone except for one.
>>
>> Err, not quite. Quoting your origial post:
>>
>> David Abrahams writes:
>>> Can anyone explain to me why in
>>> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/developer/python.html
>>> the vc-6_5-stlport tests that fail show up as failures, but the msvc
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^
>>> tests that fail show up as white rectangles?
>>
>> So we have at least one white rectangle in the place where before your
>> changes process_jam_log was able to trace the dependency, and unknown
>> status for the "msvc" toolset
>
> Yipes! I hope things haven't become worse!

They became better in a sense that your changes finally made the
dependencies in question straightforwardly trackable, but at the same
time process_jam_log still required some tweaking to pick these up.

>>> I think the cause of that one must be different from that of all the
>>> others. Can you explain it?
>>
>> I'll try to take a deeper look at what's up here later tonight.
>
> Thanks.

I've just checked in a fix to process_jam_log which, together with
your changes, should finally make the issue go away. Our regularly
scheduled regression run is currently somewhere in the middle, though,
so the new results reflecting this will be on the web only sometime
around tomorrow afternoon.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering