Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-15 03:46:42

Robert Ramey wrote:

> OK marcus - I've made your change, checked with my own compilers and checked
> it in. BUT

Thanks.

>>Attached patch makes this test now pass on this platform with the MODIFIED
>>TEMPLATE INSTANTIATION MODE.

> It would seem that we have to add some command line switches to either the
> toolset Jamfile or the serialization build and test Jamfiles. What are the
> magic switches and where should the placed?

At least we have a chance now to make it work. My plan is to wait for the
next regression round and see which tests are still failing with the
implicit local instantiation mode. AFAICS, all the statics you are using
are const, therefore multiple copies shouldn't hurt...

In the end, I will have to add a new feature to the boost.build feature set
that lets us control the template instantiation mode. I would think there
are other compilers that could make use of this feature. But that is
something for after the release, or else Doug will rip my head off. ;-)

Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com