Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Goncalo N M de Carvalho (glslang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-15 04:51:29

Hey,

I offered on the main list to run the regression tests
on Win32.
I would just like to make some comments and ask for
advice on the best way to manage this.

The compilers I own are VC71, VC8 beta 2 and Intel
9.0. I intend to run VC8 tests in the morning and
Intel 9 in the evening (GMT). This is mainly due to
disk space considerations. The machines that are being
used are a dual-core Pentium4 Xeon 3.2 Ghz HTT with
2Gb of Ram and a Athlon XP 3000 with 1Gb of ram. The
latter machines has 200Gb of disk and I could run the
tests on this machine alone since it is pretty much
idle (SETI runs there all day).

There's been offers on the developers list to run VC71
and VC8 tests so I'm not sure what's the best way of
making sure we're not overlapping each other.

The tests are running as I write this but it was a bit
painful to set them up. Regression.py did not build
process_jam_log or bjam. Building this from CVS was
also not trivial with the sln file pointing to
directories that were non-existent.

Also it has problem is handling directories with
spaces on them "C:\Documents and Settings".

Hopefully the report upload will go smooth...

Anyhoo, feedback on this is most welcome.

Cheers,

Goncalo