Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-15 08:49:20

"Rene Rivera" <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> For those volunteering it would be good to mention what resources you
> have available; CPU, memory, disk space, and machine time. As it takes a
> considerable amount of resources for testing, especially disk space. And
> having the faster machine and large ram will speed up the testing.

For reasons unrelated to Boost testing, I recently upgraded my machine from
1 to 3 gigabytes of main memory, and added a second disk drive.

This upgrade really cut disk activity during the Boost tests, to the point I
now can run the Boost tests during the day without them getting in the way
of my other work. It also eliminated the time I was spending making sure
there was enough disk space available.

For my Win32 tests with three compilers, disk space usage is approximately
12 gigabytes

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com