Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-16 05:47:10

Hi there

I've run into a few problems while setting up my Windows XP machine to
automatically run the regression tests under a special user. The user is
set up as a Guest with further constrained permissions. I have a batch
file that runs fine under that user, if started *manually*.

The problems start to crop up when I add a new task to "Scheduled Tasks"
(in Control Panel). The first problem is that the scheduled task cannot
run as that special user (AFAICT, scheduled tasks must be running as
either Admin or Power User). I then scheduled the task as an admin and
used CPAU
<http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/cpau.htm> to run the testing
under the special user. Now the problem is that I keep getting an error
message that cmd.exe cannot be started

Since other testers seem to have had more luck with automatically
running tests under a special user I'm wondering if they managed to do
so without giving the special user either Admin or Power User status.

Thanks & Regards,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.