Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-19 23:49:21

I assume by Boost Test you mean Boost.Test library (not regression testing
component of Boost.Build).

> I have a question if Boost Test library can be integrated with any IDE
> (e.g. with Eclipse),

Boost.Test usually easy to integrate into IDE. See usage sections in docs
for more on that

> if Boost Test provide some ways to have team work, e.g. sending mails on
> errors?

Even though Boost.Test doesn't (and couldn't portably) support this in
reworked version that will come with Boost 1.33 there is an abiltiy to
register any custom test observer. You could write one that sends e-mails on
errors (though it may be more natural/easy to do on test runner script
level)

> Is there any tools to print coloured or
> GUI reports with Boost, like XP green-red bar reports?

I believe we have regression reports like this.

> And if there any
> other way to integrate Boost Test with production progress? Maybe there
> is some external Frameworks which collects and wraps Boost Test library
> results.

Boost.Test could report results in XML format. It's up to you how to collect
and present them.

> Maybe I should look some documents about whole Boost Library?

There is no "whole boost library". There are some general papers in "more"
section. There is special section on Boost.Build/regression testing.

Try www.boost.org. It may have something close to what you want.

> Best Regards,
> Voronkov Konstantin

Regards,