Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-14 17:17:47

John Maddock wrote:
> This is related to the discussion of /analyse with VC8, but there is a more
> general issue here:
>
> In the previous incarnation of the result matrix we had access to
> compiler-warnings, but the new improved version lost that (while gaining a
> lot more), and I'd like to see warning information come back if it's
> possible: speak up now if you think otherwise.

Well it's already one of the TODOs :-)

> So.... what's the easiest way of achieving this? Are the logs still
> processed to XML by process_jam_log.cpp ?

Yes. And the wiki mentions that it needs to be hacked for this.

> If so can we subvert the
> mechanism used to get "<note>"'s showing up in the output to get warnings to
> show up as well?

You mean the [result="note"] that is available in run tests? Some
immediate thoughts...

I don't think that would work for non-run tests, as the [result="note"]
is only available for run tests.

I also don't see those notes currently showing up in the regression
result pages. So at least the XSLT processing would need to change.

And if the result page building needs to change we might as well add a
[result="warn"] to all the tests.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com