Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-12 14:11:59

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:23:00 +0000 (UTC), AlisdairM wrote
> Jeff Garland wrote:
>
> > I'm dropping support in this release for date-time -- so that means
> > the libraries NOT supporting these will include: spirt, bgl,
> > date-time, and probably a few more.
>
> Do I need to worry about Borland support, or will that remain available?

The 5_6_4 support has always been partial. Newer features like
local_date_time and the new facet-based i/o code do not work and are marked as
such -- I have no plan to ever support these features on the old Borland. I
don't know about 5_8_1, but just looking at the recent meta-comm regressions
there seem to be some configuration issues that prevent us from making a
reasonable assessment.

Going forward there are elements of the library (like to_string, from_string)
that were explicitly written to support legacy compilers. I plan to
reimplement those eventually and in the reworked version legacy compiler
support will be dropped, but none of this will be until 1.35 at least.

So the bottom line is I don't see any problem keeping the current level of
support for 5_6_4. Presumably when the config problems are cleared up 5_8_1
support should be similar.

Jeff

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com