Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jim Douglas (jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-23 03:29:58

I have not been able to complete a regression test run since Monday when
the two new Boost.graph bidir* tests were introduced. Under QNX my PC
hangs during the 'bidir_vec_remove_edge' test.

The system diagnostics tell me that the process is blocked against a
mutex, but I am unable to ascertain which other process/thread also
shares this mutex. Does this test/library explicitly use mutexes?

I have tried to use regression.py with the the options "--monitored
--timeout=15" but this does not cancel the test. What mechanism is used
to cancel a wayward test?

If I attach gdb to the process, the last point in the source code
appears to be in "boost::execution_monitor::catch_signals()" before it
(possibly) enters a system library routine.

I also found that I could not kill the process with a SIGABRT (to force
a core dump). I could only use SIGKILL, at which point the regression
test sequence resumed.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Jim

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com