Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-23 03:47:43

I have found another issue with pregression.py. After doing a V2 run, status
contains directories and filenames that have a character that is displayed
as a square (unrepresentable). I.e., it is testing for Unicode characters.
However, when regression.py is removing a previous boost run, I get the
following error:

# Getting sources (2006-02-23T07:58:08Z)...
# Downloading
"http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost/snapshot/boost-CVS-HEA
D.tar.bz2" to "C:\devel\regression"...
# Looking for old unpacked archives...
# Unpacking boost tarball ("C:\devel\regression\boost-CVS-HEAD.tar.bz2")...
# Unpacked into directory
"C:\devel\regression\boost-CVS-HEAD-06-02-23-0807"

# Deleting "C:\devel\regression\boost" directory...
# get_tarball failed with message "[Errno 22] Invalid argument:
'C:\\devel\\regr
ession\\boost\\status\\?'"

Here, the Unicode character has been replaced by a '?' character and is
failing when calling rmtree. I have tracked it down to the
   shutil.rmtree( path )
call trying to remove the directory containing a Unicode character.

Another question: I am using cygwin bash to run the regression tools, but
running a Windows version of python, so is it possible to detect this
situation and use the unix/cygwin tools?

- Reece

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com