Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: MANSION, James, FM (James.MANSION_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-03 09:17:38

>Hmm.. I'm a bit concerned over this. AFAICT, the compiler fails a
>large number of tests (pretty much every library fails), and now it
> turns out the free version can't create DLL. Is it worth to invest
> time in this compiler?

Yes, but it probably fails quicker than anything else that's supported.

It used to work OK, and I posted a hint to Walter that he should take
Care of it again - I think if someone can create some test cases
and post them on the dm for a, then Walter will Do The Right Thing.

> I've applied this patch. It still feels very strange to me that in
> order to create a DLL one needs a .def file :-(

Used to need a .def file for any Windows build. <shrug> Don't you
need something similar if you really want to control which symbols
are exported on UNIX too?

James

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
Authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority

systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The Royal
Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
Visit our websites at:
http://www.rbos.com
http://www.rbsmarkets.com

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com