Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-10 12:32:47

>> OK, but our problem is actually with just building the code. My
>> Mac Codewarrior (command line) is building the code every night as
>> part of regression testing. Are you saying that there is some
>> #define telling my build to skip the MPTasks stuff and do pthreads?
>> Is that something we can do in the GUI as well? How would I be able
>> to tell? Sorry I'm so clueless.

Boost.Config determines whether Boost.Thread should be using MPTasks or
pthreads depending upon the "kind" of Mac binary you are building. I'm
afraid I know next to nothing about the Mac, so I'm pretty clueless as well:
but it appears that the code defaults to using MPTasks when you are building
a Carbon binary, and pthreads otherwise. It also appears that you can
define BOOST_HAS_PTHREADS when building to force the use of pthreads:
however you should check that CW actually allows mixing of pthreads with
Carbon code, I believe if you use the Apple Gcc compiler it makes no
difference at all, but for CW I believe their std lib might not be pthread
compatible, or at least wasn't at one point. However, that's all stretching
my knowledge beyond the point where it can be considered reliable :-)

HTH, John.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com