Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-19 22:43:45

At 08:37 2006-03-17, Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
>At 01:30 2006-03-17, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
> >Hi Victor,
> >can you switch C++ Boost regression tests that you're running to Boost.Build
> >V2?
> >
> >The general instructions can be found at:
> >
> > https://zigzag.cs.msu.su/boost.build/wiki/BoostRegressionsV2
> >
> >In your specific case, the content of user-config.jam should be:
> >
> > using msvc : 7.1 : the-path-to-compiler/cl.exe ;
> > using msvc : 8.0 : the-path-to-compiler/cl.exe ;
> >
> > using python : <whatever.version> : <whatever.path> ;
> >
> >Speaking about python, example line is:
> >
> > using python : 2.3 : C:/python ;
> >
> >The command line to run the regression tests should be something like:
> >
> > regression.py --v2 --toolsets=msvc-7.1,msvc-8.0
> >--runner=RudbekAssociates-V2
> >
> >Notes:
> >
> > - The --v2 option makes regression.py use Boost.Build V2
> > - The "-V2" suffix in runner id makes it clear that V2 is used in the
> > test matrix
> >
> >The configurations above can be placed either in file user-config.jam in a
> >directory given by the value of HOME environment variable, or can be placed
> >in file test-config.jam placed in any directory that's in BOOST_BUILD_PATH,
> >for example, in the directory from where you invoke regression.py
> >
> >If you have any issues or concerns or questions, please ask me right away,
> >either here, or via personal email, or via Jabber
> >(vladimir_prus_at_[hidden]), or via ICQ (100422315), or via Skype
> >(vladimir_prus).
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >Volodya
>
>I'll give it a go tonight (Friday) when we get home from the fish fry.

sorry, I didn't get around to starting the move to v2 untils about 6 hours ago.
and I'm getting this error which I can't seem to get rid of:

C:\Projects\boosthead>regression.py --v2 --toolsets=msvc-7.1,msvc-8.0
--runner=RudbekAssociates-V2
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Projects\boosthead\regression.py", line 9, in ?
     from BoostBuild import Tester, List
ImportError: No module named BoostBuild

from my environment:

BOOST_BUILD_PATH=C:\Projects\boosthead\boost\tools\build\v2\test\

and just for grins:

C:\Projects\boosthead>dir %boost_build_path%boostbuild.py
  Volume in drive C has no label.
  Volume Serial Number is 5CE3-80E9

  Directory of C:\Projects\boosthead\boost\tools\build\v2\test

so...... something seems to be amiss somewhere