Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-11 04:15:52

AlisdairM wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>

>>at the moment, results for borland_5_8_1 and borland_5_8_2b compiler
>>on RC_1_34_0 branch are pretty bad. See:
>>
>>http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/develo
>>per/summary.html
>>
>>Unless a user of borland can step forward and look into those
>>failures, we'll essentially have no support for those toolsets in
>>1.34. Any volunteers?
>

> I know there are at least two of us actively looking into the issues
> now. Unforunately I was effectively offline last week in Berlin, so am
> only catching up now.

I am also looking into this and have posted a few patches lately to the
list. So far only Robert Ramey took notice though.

[...]
> 0x582 is a bit strange. Basically, Borland have made the next patch of
> their compiler available to myself and Aleksey as the patch and Boost
> 1.34 will probably ship around the same time. Boost regressions are
> one of the focusses of this patch, and it gives me much better results
> locally. I have just checked out the release branch (vs. the mainline
> I have been working with) and should have some more patches ready to
> roll tonight.

Alisdair, the last time I looked borland.hpp wasn't updated for 5.8.2 .
I refrained from posting a patch because I believe you have more
extensive changes to submit than I have.

> So far, I have not been applying patches directly, but posting them to
> the list. Some of those patches can take a while to be applied, and I
> think a couple went missing. Is there anything I can do to speed up
> applying patches?

Exactly my point of view. Maybe some of the most experienced Boosters
could step in and review our patches if library authors aren't available...

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com