Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-10 03:09:07

Bronek Kozicki wrote:

>> Hi Bronek,
>> the problem is that como-win.jam does not support generic shared
>> libraries, while Boost.Build V2 defaults to using shared libraries. If I
>> understand correctly, the como compiler itself has problems producing
>> shared libraries.
>>
>> So I'd say one way to get this work is to additionally pass "link=static"
>> to bjam.
>
> it does not seem to work, or I do not know how to pass that parameter:
>
> E:\DEVEL\BOOST_RTEST\boost\status>"E:\DEVEL\BOOST_RTEST\bjam.exe" --v2
> "-sBOOST_BUILD_PATH=E:\DEVEL\BOOST_RTEST"
> "-sBOOST_ROOT=E:\DEVEL\BOOST_RTEST\boost" como-win-4.3.3_vc7
> como-win-4.3.4.1_vc7 link=static -d2 --dump-tests -l1500
> --build-dir=E:\DEVEL\BOOST_RTEST\results"
> Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
> Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
> (and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it).
> error: unable to construct ../libs/config/test/link/link_test
> To debug this problem, try the --debug-generators option.

On a second look, I see that this specific test has <link>shared in
requirements. I wonder how V1 deals with it -- I see that some command
lines are produced, but I'm not sure what they do.

Can you go to libs/config/test/link and run the "link_test" with V1.
Something like:

   bjam -sTOOLS=como-win32 test

?

Thanks,