Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-31 14:05:46

David Abrahams writes:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Hmm, looking at our user-config.jam, may be I misunderstood what the
>> Boost.Build docs are saying here (http://tinyurl.com/hdb48):
>>
>> The invocation-command parameter is the command that must be
>> executed to run the compiler. This parameter can usually be omitted
>> if the compiler executable
>>
>> * has its "usual name" and is in the PATH, or
>> * was installed in a standard "installation directory", or
>> * can be found through a global mechanism like the Windows registry.
>>
>> and omitting the invocation-command for versioned toolsets along the
>> following lines is not supported:
>>
>> using msvc : 6.5 ;
>> using msvc : 7.0 ;
>> using msvc : 7.1 ;
>>
>> Is that the case?
>
> That really *shouldn't* be the case as long as the compilers are
> installed in their usual installation directories or if the windows
> registry gives a correct report of their locations.

OK, thanks! It seems that we don't have the problem
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.build/12569/) on the new
machine that is currently running v2 regressions, so it's probably a
setup issue specific to our main regression workstation. We will see
if it's still there when we switch to v2 altogether.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com