Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-13 07:02:29

When I visit
http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/index.html
and click the "Release View" link, I see that its purpose is

   Provides Boost developers with visual indication of the CVS
   "health". For user-level report, see user summary.

There are at least two problems with this:

1. When I click the "Full View" button I see the same message. So the
   message does nothing to tell me what the difference is between the
   release view and the full view.

2. There is no link labelled "user summary" anywhere. So what,
   exactly, am I supposed to click in order to "see user summary?"

3? Isn't there supposed to be a table there? Regardless, it's very
    very odd to see a page headed "Developer Report" that has... no
    report on it.

4? IIUC, Full View/Release View are unlike any of the other links in
   that section of the left column, in that they switch "modes" rather
   than taking me to different reports. Shouldn't this be visually
   distinct? Maybe a pair of radio buttons, elswhere on the page?
   Wouldn't it be more descriptive just to have the buttons say
   something like

      * show all tested compilers
      o show only "officially supported" compilers
   ??

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting