Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Sean Huang (huangsean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-15 15:01:45

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Slapeta" <stefan_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost-testing_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 8:46 AM
Subject: [Boost-testing] Huang-WinXP-x64_32: link errors

> hi sean,
>
> there are several errors in your tests that look like this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/lmv2r
>
> These failures don't occur on my machine and I have the strong feeling
> that they are once again related to the debug symbol generation (expl:
> the debug symbols in an executable are restricted to a certain size, I
> think it's about 64k or so).
Thanks for letting me know. I was not aware of this problem.

> For my tests, I once found a workaround: I renamed my directory where
> the tests run using a much shorter name. This results in shorter symbols
> and the bug doesn't occur anymore.
Isn't this a bit too fragile?

> I saw that you have a quite deep directory structure which makes me
> believe the problems are related with that.
>
> F:\BoostRegressions\RC_1_34_0\all_32\results\boost\bin.v2\libs\spirit\test\...
>
> maybe you could shorten one or more dir names and try if the failures
> persist?
I do not mind trying this but would like to ask for an alternative
solution - can we separate the symbols from the executable and save it in a
pdb file? I imagine it should be fairly easy to do in bjam. That's what we
have been doing for a few years and never run into any problem.

Let me know if it is possible to try this first.

Sean

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com