Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Sean Huang (huangsean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-17 13:14:20

Stefan,

I took a closer look at the problem and do not think the symbol length is to
blame. For another link error (assign - email_example / intel-vc8-win-9.1):

http://tinyurl.com/j42ex

I checked the eventlog and found this:

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in mt.exe [1700]. Just-In-Time
debugging this exception failed with the following error: Debugger could not
be started because no user is logged on.

Followed by this:

The program or feature
"\??\F:\BoostRegressions\RC_1_34_0\all_32\results\boost\bin.v2\libs\assign\test\email_example.test\intel-vc8-win-9.1\debug\email_example.exe"
cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.
Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible
version is available.

There are a few other sequences like this in the event log which are
responsible for other link errors. I re-ran the MT command line and got the
same exception. I then re-ran the xilink command followed by mt. The link
error went away this time and test passed. Since there are two jobs running
at same time (one for 32-bit and another for 64-bit) I suspect there might
be issues with multiple instances of xilink.exe. I used to run the tests
with -j 2 and it had a lot of more errors so I think this is somehow
related.

I have rearranged the two jobs so they won't overlap and we'll see if the
problems go away tomorrow. On the other hand, I have never had any issues
with running multiple instances of link.exe (microsoft's linker) so we
might want to consider using link.exe instead of xilink.exe if it proves to
be the problem.

Sean

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com