Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-07 09:57:01

Anthony Williams wrote:
> Stefan Slapeta <stefan_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Anthony Williams wrote:
>>> Where can I find instructions on how to do this. Simply adding --v2 to the
>>> regression.py invocation doesn't seem to cut it.
>>>
>> https://zigzag.cs.msu.su/boost.build/wiki/BoostRegressionsV2
>
> This guide actually gets me as far as bjam trying to compile things, but there
> must be more to it. My user-config.jam now says:
>
> using msvc : 8.0 ;
> using msvc : 7.1 ;
> using msvc : 6.5 ;
> using gcc : : c:/local/mingw/bin/gcc.exe ;
> using python : 2.5 : c:/local/python25 ;
> using borland : 5.8.2 ;

All but that last one looks ok. For VC it has autodetection so you can
get away with just doing a "using msvc ;". For borland I think you need
to specify the compiler path like for the MinGW setup (unless it happens
to be in the path).

> But the include paths for MSVC 8.0 aren't being picked up, so the compiler
> complains that it can't find the standard library headers.

Weird...

> I have the following environment variables set, which used to work the BBv1:
>
> set path=($path:q c:/local/python25 c:/local/mingw/bin)
> setenv PYTHON_VERSION 2.5
> setenv PYTHON_ROOT c:/local/python25
> setenv MSVC_ROOT "c:/progra~1/micros~3/vc98"
> setenv VC71_ROOT "c:/local/vc71"
> setenv VC80_ROOT "c:/progra~1/MID05A~1/vc"
> setenv VS80COMNTOOLS "c:/progra~1/MID05A~1/Common7/Tools/"
> setenv INCLUDE "c:/mssdk/include"
> setenv LIB "c:/mssdk/lib"
> setenv BUILD "release"
> unsetenv MSVCDir

Hm, are you trying to use anything other than the built in includes for
VC8? Those look like a shell setup, are you running inside MSYS? It
shouldn't matter, I just want to make sure I know your setup :-)

There's no BUILD env var for BBv2. You'll have to specify that on the
regression command with --bjam-options="release".

> Why don't these work the BBv2? Is there a way to get the same effect with BBv2?

What effect are you trying to get? For BBv2 the environment setup is
basically not used on Windows as it tries to detect the configuration.
Could you post what your commands look like? You can get them either
directly by doing a "bjam -n --v2" invocation. Or finding the RSP files
incide the bin build directory. And state what you think is wrong with them.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com