Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-07 10:14:28

Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Anthony Williams wrote:
>> Stefan Slapeta <stefan_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>> https://zigzag.cs.msu.su/boost.build/wiki/BoostRegressionsV2
>>
>> This guide actually gets me as far as bjam trying to compile things, but there
>> must be more to it. My user-config.jam now says:
>>
>> using msvc : 8.0 ;
>> using msvc : 7.1 ;
>> using msvc : 6.5 ;
>> using gcc : : c:/local/mingw/bin/gcc.exe ;
>> using python : 2.5 : c:/local/python25 ;
>> using borland : 5.8.2 ;
>
> All but that last one looks ok. For VC it has autodetection so you can
> get away with just doing a "using msvc ;". For borland I think you need
> to specify the compiler path like for the MinGW setup (unless it happens
> to be in the path).

The Borland compiler is on the path.

>> But the include paths for MSVC 8.0 aren't being picked up, so the compiler
>> complains that it can't find the standard library headers.
>
> Weird...
>
>> I have the following environment variables set, which used to work the BBv1:
>>
>> set path=($path:q c:/local/python25 c:/local/mingw/bin)
>> setenv PYTHON_VERSION 2.5
>> setenv PYTHON_ROOT c:/local/python25
>> setenv MSVC_ROOT "c:/progra~1/micros~3/vc98"
>> setenv VC71_ROOT "c:/local/vc71"
>> setenv VC80_ROOT "c:/progra~1/MID05A~1/vc"
>> setenv VS80COMNTOOLS "c:/progra~1/MID05A~1/Common7/Tools/"
>> setenv INCLUDE "c:/mssdk/include"
>> setenv LIB "c:/mssdk/lib"
>> setenv BUILD "release"
>> unsetenv MSVCDir
>
> Hm, are you trying to use anything other than the built in includes for
> VC8? Those look like a shell setup, are you running inside MSYS? It
> shouldn't matter, I just want to make sure I know your setup :-)

I use a native windows build of tcsh as my shell. No, I'm not running MSYS.

I have the platform SDK in c:/mssdk, hence the INCLUDE and LIB settings.

> There's no BUILD env var for BBv2. You'll have to specify that on the
> regression command with --bjam-options="release".

OK.

>> Why don't these work the BBv2? Is there a way to get the same effect with BBv2?
>
> What effect are you trying to get?

The compilers are correctly found, each with their correct standard library
includes. This worked fine with BBv1.

> For BBv2 the environment setup is
> basically not used on Windows as it tries to detect the configuration.
> Could you post what your commands look like? You can get them either
> directly by doing a "bjam -n --v2" invocation. Or finding the RSP files
> incide the bin build directory. And state what you think is wrong with them.

The .RSP files look fine; it looks like the VCVARS32.BAT files are not being
run prior to invoking the compiler.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams