Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-10 09:34:32

Hello,

The recent switch of metacomm to BBv2 have exposed
a problem with CW 8.3 by which this compiler does not
define std::locale facilities when dynamic linking
is used. This problem crops up in lots of places:

http://tinyurl.com/j7v8a
http://tinyurl.com/ybrzl2
http://tinyurl.com/ykag8p

I seem to recall BBv1 did not hit this problem because it
used static linking by default in CW 8.3, and, when
dynamic linking was required, it featued a special rule
called std::locale-support.

Given that this compiler is pretty much obsolete today,
I guess writing a std::locale-support rule for BBv2 is
not worth the effort, but at least the toolset used
locally by metacomm-v2 could be changed to use static
linking by default. What do you think of it?

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com